Thursday, May 21, 2009

Life Happens

That's as good a reason as any for my lack or recent posting - nothing specific, just life.

I just returned from visiting my daughter in Little Rock and had a very pleasant visit. Did some shooting and visited the Pea Ridge Battlefield.

Arkansas is a beautiful state - not one I know well. It's certainly different from the Western states I am more used to (and like better). The humidity would take some getting used to and the bugs are magnitudes more of a problem than in the Rockies - something I'd have to figure out, because if I lived in Arkansas I would enjoy doing some bushwacking up the streams in the Ozarks. Something I did a lot of as a kid in the Sierras.

I travel quite a bit, and one thing I've learned is that each State has its beauties. I assume that is true even of the more densely populated states (New Jersey comes to mind). There is lots to explore in the 50 states - I've only been in 28 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment